What are the potential benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma injections?
- May make aggressive treatments unnecessary, such as a dependence upon medications or the need for surgery.
- May considerably accelerate healing when measured against results of traditional therapies.
- Pain and swelling reduced naturally.
- Return of function more complete with shorter recovery time.
- Minimal side effects, as PRP stimulates and directs the body’s own natural healing functions.
- Non-invasive except for blood draw and injection.
- Therapy can be safely repeated, but one treatment may be all that is needed.
- Injections can be placed directly into the injury, even tendons and ligaments, without weakening them.
- Platelet rich plasma injections can heal and strengthen tendons and ligaments, thickening them so they are less accident prone. Both tendons and ligaments are known to develop weaker areas where blood flow is diminished due to stressful activity and shock. PRP therapy can ward off repeated injury in these areas.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!